Fractional District No. 9 School
Known as the Cook School, this structure was built in 1890 near the corner of present-day Mack Avenue and Lochmoor Boulevard. Slated for demolition, it was moved to this site in 2006. The stickwork in the gable distinguishes the building from many other one-room schools. Children from Gratiot and Grosse Pointe Townships attended the school until 1922 when the district combined with four others to form the Rural Agricultural School District No. 1.