In 1906, the South Haven School District built this four-room school in Ward 2. The school, designed by Hussey and White of Lansing was constructed at a cost of approximately $7,000. It was named for local businessman and school board president E. H. Hartman. On January 11, 1907, students moved into the new school. For over three-quarters of a century, Hartman School has served as a neighborhood school in Ward 2.
Registered Site L1095
355 Hubbard Street
South Haven, Van Buren County Topics:SchoolsHome
Latitude: 42.401712, Longitude: -86.266662