Stow - Hasbrouck House
Granville and Catherine Stow, natives of New York built this house between 1836 and 1844. In 1861 Matthew Hasbrouck bought the house. Also from New York, Hasbrouck descended from the French Huguemots, who sought refuge in North America from religious persecution in Europe during the 16th and 17th centuries. In 1937 the Huegenot Society of Michigan was organized here. The Stow - Hasbrouck House is listed in the National Register of Historic Places.
Revised Text - 1997.