Church of the Annunciation
The Annunciation (Evangelismos) Greek Orthodox Church was founded in 1910. It became the center of Detroit's Hellenic community which dates back to the early 1890s. The first Liturgy was held in a rented hall on Miami Boulevard (now Broadway). By 1913 Annunciation occupied a new edifice at 660 Macomb Avenue. In April 1968, six years after it was designated a Cathedral of the Detroit diocese, Annunciation moved to its present site.