Seymour Lake Methodist Episcopal Church
The local Methodist society organized in 1837 at the house of Joseph Shurter, met in residences and schoolhouses for nearly four decades. In 1871, Irene Gibbs donated this land for its use. The church's cornerstone was laid on May 29, 1874. Lumber for the $4,000 structure was hauled from Kings Mill near Lapeer. The builders were George Brock, Charles Tolfree and J. K. Wolfe. The building has been used as a house of worship and a community gathering place since its dedication on October 27, 1874.