North Evart United Methodist Church

Registered Site L1179

North Evart United Methodist Church

German settlers of this Osceola County farming community began holding evangelical services in the home of John J. Arndt in 1872. Later services were held in a log house a quarter of a mile west of here. The church society was formally organized in 1882. The present church, originally named Emmanuel Evangelical Church was built at a cost of $2,500 and dedicated on November 9, 1884. The name was changed in 1968 to reflect the merger of the Evangelical and Methodist societies.
photo of North Evart United Methodist Church

Erected 1986

Location: Ninetieth Avenue at Nine Mile Road
Evart, Osceola County

Topics:
Methodist Churches

Latitude: 43.94381, Longitude: -85.26693

© 2019 - MichMarkers.com