Brown City Community Schools
In 1884 the first school in this area was established on the Hughson farm site. About halfway through the 1886 school term, that building burned. The term was completed in a blacksmith shop. Before the year was out, however, a frame school had been built on a site called the Indian Sugar Bush. The frame school originally served students in grades one through eight. In 1895, five young women made up its first high-school graduating class. The present building replaced the frame school in 1915.