Michigan Pharmacists Association
On November 14,1883, seventy-seven druggists met in the State Capitol to organize the Michigan State Pharmaceutical Association. Jacob Jesson of Muskegon led the effort to establish a professional association to participate in national professional organizations and secure legislation to regulate drug distribution and pharmacist licensure. By 1886 the association boasted 971 members. It changed it name to the Michigan Pharmacists Association in 1973.