This attractive Greek Revival house was built in 1845 by Stephen Jennings an early owner of the Sixteen Mile House (now the Botsford Inn
). He built the house as a wedding gift for his daughter Jane when she married Eber Durham. A civic minded individual, Durham served the community as a highway commissioner, justice of the peace and drain commissioner. In 1924 Henry Ford purchased the house and restored it as a private residence. It was moved to this site in 1983.