Cass Community United Methodist Church
This monumental structure typifies Richardsonian Romanesque ecclesiastic architecture. The original 1883 portion was designed by Mason and Rice for the Cass Avenue Methodist Episcopal Church, founded in 1880. The 1891 east addition is the work of Malcomson and Higginbotham. Of special significance are the colorful Tiffany stained glass windows and the Johnson - Tracker church organ, thought to be the largest nineteenth-century pipe organ in Michigan. The congregation has a reputation for fostering community outreach programs since its founding.