St. Mary's Church
In 1850 a Catholic Parish was established in St. Clair by Bishop Peter Paul LeFevre, who appointed Father Lawrence Kilroy as the first resident pastor. The parish completed a modest church at the intersection of Fifth and Pine in 1853. In 1864-1865, under the leadership of Father Francis VanderBom, the present brick church was completed at a cost of $13,000. Bricks for the church were hand formed and hauled to the site by church women. The present transept was added in 1921 during the pastorate of Father Edward J. Kromenaker (1917-1959).