College Baptist Church
This church was incorporated as the First Free Will Baptist Church on November 24, 1855. The congregation met at the Hillsdale College Chapel until the present church was constructed in 1867-68. This Romanesque building was designed by a Chicago architect using sketches of European cathedrals prepared by Wayland Dunn. Wayland was the son of Professor Ransom Dunn, the pastor at the time of construction. The only alteration of the exterior has been the loss of the southeast spire, which was toppled by wind in 1871.