The Rucker-Stanton House
This vernacular house was built by John A. Rucker, Jr., in 1848. Rucker was the great-grandson of William Macomb, who with his brother, Alexander, purchased Grosse Ile from 4 Indian tribes on July 6, 1776. In 1873 Robert Lee Stanton, Rucker's cousin, bought the house. Between 1897 and 1898 a large rear wing was added. The house was still owned and occupied by descendants of Alexander and William Macomb in 1987, the year of Michigan's Sesquicentennial.