Brighton District No. 8 School
In 1842 pioneer settler Richard Lyons donated land for the first school in Brighton Township's District No. 8. Area Methodists worshipped in the log school until 1874. In 1885 the log building was replaced with this one-room Clapboard structure. Classes were held here until area schools consolidated in 1956. The building then served as the Brighton Township Hall. In 1984 it was restored for use as a museum.