Caro Masonic Temple
This two-story Italianate commercial building was erected in 1879. One of the first brick buildings on Caro's main street, the structure built by businessman and philanthropist Charles Montague as a bank and general store. When the building was enlarged in 1887, the entire second floor became the Masonic Temple. On December 27, 1887, Rufus C. Hathaway, Grand Master of the Free and Accepted Masons of Michigan, dedicated the temple during a gala ceremony.