L. B. King and Company Building
L. B. King and Company headquartered here from 1911 to 1932, and Annis Furs occupied the building from 1932 and 1983. Constructed in 1911 to the designs of James S. Rogers and Walter MacFarlane, it exemplifies the Chicago commercial style popular in the early twentieth century. The building features a steel frame, terra-cotta skin, three-part vertical division and banks of "Chicago windows." It incorporates classical decorative elements in the cornice and the window details.