Manchester Township Library
In 1838, one year after Michigan statehood, Manchester Township established its library, one of the first township libraries in Michigan. During the early years the township clerk maintained the collection. In 1900 the township decided to rent quarters for the library and hire a librarian. It was housed in various locations including the Mahrie Building on Adrian Street. In 1934 the township purchased the former James A. Lynch House as a permanent location.