Religious Society Church
The First Religious Society of Ray organized in 1869 and built this church on land donated by Arad Freeman, a member of Ray's founding families. Known for a time as the Ray Union Church, it originally had a steeple and was similar in design to the Mill School. The church became the township hall when the society disbanded in 1950. Although Congregational in character the society had encouraged all Christian denominations to worship together.