Grand Pacific House
Frederick Losh opened the Grand Pacific House in 1881, during New Baltimore's golden era. The Italianate hotel and saloon was built of bricks made locally at Streits's brickyard. Losh quickly profited from the city's popularity as a summer resort. Following Losh's death in 1890, his widow Emma ran the hotel until 1909, when she sold it to her brother Amos Springborn, who converted it into a boardinghouse. In 1986 a descendant sold the building to the New Baltimore Historical Society.