Boyne City United Methodist Church
In 1874 the Reverend Andrew Wiggins and twelve pioneers organized the Methodist Episcopal Church of Boyne City, near Deer Lake. In 1883, Zachariah Morgan and his wife, Mary, donated land on which to build a church. The first church was built on this site in 1894. In 1905 teams of horses were used to haul the church away to make room for the present structure. The Grand Rapids architectural firm of Osgood and Osgood designed this church, which was completed in 1906 at a cost of $13,000.