First United Methodist Church
First United Methodist Church, one of the oldest congregations in Genesee County, began with services held in Lewis Buckingham's home in 1836. The Reverend Luther D. Whitney, a Flint circuit rider and nine other people, organized the congregation in 1838. Their first church, built in 1850, was moved to Genesee Street in 1865-66. The Reverend Seth Reed, a patriarch of Michigan Methodism, dedicated the congregation's present Gothic Revival church on January 31, 1886.