Mikulich General Store
Traunik was the heart of a large ethnic community that developed in the early 1900s, when Slovenians who cut timber settled on the cut over land. This store, built in 1922 - 23, was purchased by Louis Mikulich in 1925. Mikulich's store was the social and economic center for the community. In 1927 Mikulich became the postmaster and opened an office in the store. His family's residence was on the second floor. The Mikulich General Store was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1993.