Taylor Township Cemetery
This cemetery is the oldest of the city's three municipal burial grounds. More than half the graves date from the nineteenth century. William Sutcliffe donated the land for a cemetery in 1819. Some of Taylor's earliest settlers are buried here as well as merchants and manufacturers. The earliest legible marker, that of Abel Aspinwall, dates from 1830. Because poor people were buried here without cost, this cemetery was once known as Potter's Field.