Lewiston Church of Christ
Lewiston developed in 1891-1892 around the Michelson and Hanson Lumber Company. Dr. U. H. Traver and George Tuxworth held the first religious meetings in the lumber camp. The Reverend A. M. Mills was sent by the Congregational Conference of Michigan to hold revival meetings, and on November 28, 1892, thirty people chartered the First Congregational Church. Two years later they built a church, which was incorporated over the years into the present one. The lumber mills ceased operating and the population declined around 1910. The congregation's membership dwindled, but the church survived. As a result of a merger in 1957, the church was renamed the Congregational United Church of Christ.