Quincy Public Library
In 1906, Quincy businessman Charles W. Bennett and steel entrepreneur Andrew Carnegie both offered to build a library in Quincy Township. Carnegie required that the township provide the land and name the building after him. Bennett's only stipulation was that his name not appear on the building. He agreed to provide in his will both land and funds for the library. Upon the sudden death of Bennett's son construction of the library began ahead of schedule in March 1910.