Corunna Public Schools
The Corunna School District was organized in 1842. Later that year a one-story frame school house was constructed. A teacher, Miss Cook was hired in 1843 and received the "unprecedented salary of $2.50 per week" and the "privilege of boarding 'round" in the community. In 1851 a two-story brick school was built to accommodate Corunna's growing population. A larger , three-story brick school was erected in 1866 just north of the schoolhouse. In the fall of 1882, both buildings burned. Another three-story brick school was constructed later that year to serve grades kindergarten through twelve. On April 14, 1908, that school burned. The present school was built that same year with funds from insurance policies and a city bond issue.