Lansing City Market

Lansing City Market

Dancing and fiddling heralded the opening of the Lansing City Market on August 25, 1938. Built by Granger Construction Company, and partly financed by the Works Progress Administration and the Public Works Administration, this market typifies Depression era projects. The first city sponsored market at North Grand Avenue and East Shiawassee Street in 1909 after the North Side Commercial Club blocked off Turner Street twice a week and showed the city council that a farmers market could succeed.
photo of Lansing City Market

Registered Site L1517
Erected 1988

Location: 333 North Cedar
Lansing, Ingham County

Topics:
Commercial Buildings

Home

Latitude: 42.736305, Longitude: -84.546675

© 2018 - MichMarkers.com