Oak Grove Burying Ground
Oak Grove is Taylor's largest municipal cemetery. The first burial took place on this site in 1838. It has grown form the original one acre parcel donated by Garrett and Lydia Putnam in 1961. Sixty graves date from the nineteenth century. Prominent pioneer families such as the Mayfields, the Paschkes and the Pardees are interred here. Many headstones have German inscriptions, reflecting the ethnic origins of Taylor's citizens.