Cole United Methodist Church
The Cole United Methodist Church, formed in 1878, was named for Jesse and Adah Cole, who held services in their home during the 1860s. Beginning in 1870 church members worshipped in nearby schoolhouses, where the Reverend Lester Clark, a circuit rider, preached every other Sunday. The Congregation's first church was erected in 1899. It served until July 10, 1984, when it was struck by lightning. The present church was dedicated on the same site on November 4, 1985.