St. Andrew's Cemetery
On August 5, 1852, Father Charles Louis DeCeuninck purchased ten acres of land for the formation of St. Andrew's Cemetery. The land was deeded to Bishop LeFevre on December 7, 1852. It was the first permanent Catholic cemetery in Grand Rapids. Louis Campau, founder of Grand Rapids, and his wife, Sophie DeMarsac Campau, are buried in St. Andrew's. Also buried here are Father Andrew Viszocky, an early priest of Grand Rapids and pastor of St. Andrew's Church, and John Clancy, a lumberman and philanthropist.