Port Huron High School
On September 9, 1908, the third Port Huron High School building opened here where two previous high schools had stood. Port Huron architect George Harvey designed this Second Renaissance Revival-style school, constructed of brick and limestone. A 1917 state law limited the establishment of junior college to communities of over 30,000 residents. In May 1923 the population requirement was changed to 25,000 and Port Huron qualified. In September 1923, Port Huron Junior College opened in temporary classrooms in the high school annex. The college moved to quarters in the Maccabee Building in 1928, and when a new high school was built in 1957 the junior college returned to the site of its founding. In 1967, by a vote of the people, the college separated from the school district and became St. Clair County Community College.