First Baptist Church of Royal Oak
Several members of this church were significant to its early development. In 1839 charter member Hamlet Harris, "a free colored person" according to the 1840 census, donated $25.00 towards the construction of the first church. In 1876, Athalinda Phelps donated the land, and Reverend Silas Finn provided the labor and half of the money required to build the second church. When membership was low at the turn of the century, Anna B. Quick held meetings to maintain the church charter. This marker was erected in 1989, the church's 150th year.