Gilford United Methodist Church
In 1887 a camp meeting led by the Reverend David Arnold resulted in the establishment of the Gilford United Brethren in Christ Church. Henry Shannon and John Cragg had invited Arnold to preach to area settlers. In 1889, Charles and Naomi Phipps donated land for a church building. Church members laid the cornerstone that year. In 1968, through a merger with the Methodist denomination, the name became the Gilford United Methodist Church.