First Presbyterian Church
Originally built in 1857 with a single, central spire, the First Presbyterian Church was greatly enlarged and rededicated in 1899. Detroit architect Julius Hess redesigned the church, using the original sanctuary walls, and added a columned entrance portal and twin towers. The cupola-topped towers are reminiscent of English Baroque churches, yet the interior and overall design reflect Renaissance architecture. The rose window was made by Tiffany & Co. of New York.