Zion Lutheran Church {Detroit]

Registered Site L1626

Zion Lutheran Church {Detroit]

Blocks of limestone that once formed the old Detroit post office were used to construct the Zion Lutheran Church in 1933. This Neo-Gothic-style church, designed by the firm of Maul & Lentz of Detroit, was dedicated on May 27, 1933. In 1882, West Prussian immigrants had organized the congregation and built a frame church on this site. Services were conducted exclusively in German until 1925. It became an integrated congregation in 1961.
photo of Zion Lutheran Church {Detroit]

Erected 1990

Location: 4305 Military Avenue
Detroit, Wayne County

Topics:
Lutheran Churches

Latitude: 42.332089, Longitude: -83.119521

© 2019 - MichMarkers.com