First Congregational Church
The First Congregational Church is the oldest congregation in Gaylord. In 1874 the Reverend James McKay founded it as a mission church with twenty-one members. It was officially organized three years later. In 1878 the Reverend Abram Van Auken arrived and construction began on a church, dedicated in 1879. That church has been incorporated into the present structure. In 1957, as a result of a national merger, this congregation joined the United Church of Christ.