Four Flags Hotel

Four Flags Hotel

The Four Flags Hotel opened with much fanfare on July 6, 1926. The newly formed Niles Hotel Corporation had raised $350,000 to build a hotel on the site of the Pike House hostelry. Chicago architect Charles W. Nicol designed the hotel, which was touted as fireproof and modern. The hotel's name was the first to recall the four nations that asserted sovereignty over the area: France, Great Britain Spain and the United States. According to local legend, Al Copone stayed at the Four Flags.
photo of Four Flags Hotel

Registered Site L1643
Erected 1990

Location: 404 East Main Street
Niles, Berrien County

Topics:
Hotels and Inns

Home

Latitude: 41.829847, Longitude: -86.254752

© 2018 - MichMarkers.com