Methodist Episcopal Church
In February 1899 the Methodist Episcopal Church of New Lothrop was organized. Later that year the present sanctuary and belfry were built of timber cut from local farms. A 700 - pound bell was donated by the H.P. Niles G.A.R. post in 1891 in honor of New Lothrop's Civil War veterans. In 1900 a portion of the former English Settlement Church was attached to the side of this structure. Mergers in 1939 and 1968 resulted in the church being renamed First United Methodist Church.