John W. and Alice Conant of New York purchased land near Denton in 1833, and built this house soon after. During World War II, when the original site was condemned to make way for the Willow Run Bomber Plant
, the family moved the house to its present location. Five generations of Conants have lived in the simple Greek Revival house. Virtually unaltered since a wing was added in the 1870s, it remains an excellent example of architecture from Michigan's settlement period.