Charles A. Kandt House
This house, built around 1927 by Charles and Anna Kandt, represents the foursquare, a house type popular during the early twentieth century, particularly in the teens and twenties. Charles Kandt opened a hotel in Dearborn in 1903 and engaged in other enterprises, including the sale of farm implements and hardware. During the early 1920s he formed the C.A. Kandt Lumber Company. Kandt served on the city council and the chamber of commerce.