Nardin Park United Methodist Church

Registered Site L1771

Nardin Park United Methodist Church

In 1927 the Nardin Park Methodist Episcopal Church was formed by a merger of two Detroit Churches; the Ninde Church, organized in 1886, and the Grand River Avenue Church, established in 1891. The following year and educational building and gymnasium were constructed on a site across West Chicago Boulevard from Nardin Park. The Depression delayed construction of the sanctuary. In 1937 a building campaign began. The Kresge Foundation donated $50,000. The completed sanctuary was dedicated in 1943. In 1963 the congregation sold the building to the Ebenezer African Methodist Episcopal Church. The present church was dedicated on October 17, 1965.
photo of Nardin Park United Methodist Church

Erected 1990

Location: 29887 West Eleven Mile Road
Farmington Hills, Oakland County

Topics:
Methodist Churches

Latitude: 42.485095, Longitude: -83.342495

© 2019 - MichMarkers.com