Pere Gabriel Richard Elementary School

Pere Gabriel Richard Elementary School

This school, named for Catholic missionary and educator Pere Gabriel Richard (1767 - 1832), opened on September 30, 1930. Detroit architect Robert O. Derrick, who planned many Georgian and Colonial Revival houses in Grosse Pointe as well as Dearborn's Henry Ford Museum, designed the school in the French Renaissance style. The school's interior features Pewabic tile fireplaces and fishponds, decorative plasterwork and marble hallways.
photo of Pere Gabriel Richard Elementary School

Registered Site L1865
Erected 1994

Location: 176 McKinley Ave.
Grosse Pte Farms, Wayne County

Topics:
Schools

Home

Latitude: 42.3951328, Longitude: -82.9053962

© 2018 - MichMarkers.com