First Methodist Episcopal Church
In 1840, Flushing residents began holding religious services in James Seymour's sawmill. In 1842 the First Methodist Episcopal Church was organized. As part of the Flint River Circuit, the Methodists were ministered to by circuit riders. In 1846, James Seymour donated this site were three churches have been built. The first church, completed in 1848, burned in 1883 and was replaced later that year. The second church was razed in 1973, and the present church was erected.