Saint Mary's Church
In 1870, Father Joseph Kraemer became pastor of a Catholic mission at Corunna that included all of Shiawassee County. In 1874 he assisted Antrim Township Irish Catholics in purchasing the Alling Schoolhouse, which he dedicated as a church. Father Kraemer traveled first from St. Johns and later from Owosso for Mass. In 1892 a church was built in Morrice. When the mission became a parish in 1926, it also had many German and Czechoslovakian members. The church burned in 1953 and was razed in 1962. The present church was dedicated in 1953.