Methodist Episcopal Church
In 1891 the Reverend Daniel Webster Hammond and seven members chartered the Methodist Episcopal Church of Montrose. The next year a church was erected on this site; however, a growing congregation demanded a larger building. The present church was constructed in 1924. Since the 1890s the Methodist church has served as a community center, hosting Independence Day festivities, high school orchestra and choral recitals, commencement exercises and charity events.