First Congregational Church
The Congregationalist Church of Tyrone, grew out of the Methodist Episcopal church organized here in 1845. Itinerant ministers called circuit riders served what was then known as the Tyrone or Cranston Class. In 1874 the class split over where to build a new church. The faction that wanted a church in town reorganized in 1876 as Congregationalists under the leadership of the Reverend William H. Osborn of Hartland. Three years later the present church was built.