First Presbyterian Church
In 1831 fifteen people formed a Presbyterian society in South Lyon, then called "The Corners." These early settlers worshipped in homes and a schoolhouse. The society organized the First Presbyterian Church in 1858 and erected a frame structure the following year. The present Romanesque Revival church consists of a main sanctuary and bell tower, built by William Greig in 1883 at a cost of $5,000, and the two-story chapel and fellowship hall constructed in 1899. The bell, dated 1885, and the stained glass window in the main facade added in 1899, were donated by the Young People's Christian Association, later known as the Christian Endeavor Society.