Saline Presbyterian Church
In 1831, Presbyterian families from Newark, New York, traveled by boat through the Erie Canal to Detroit. Settling in the Saline area, they held their first religious service on July, 18, 1831. Thereafter, services were held in schoolhouses, homes and other buildings until 1842 when they erected a frame structure on this site. In 1898 that building was replaced with the present church.