The Gale House
Orlando C. and Adeline Gale erected this house 1862. Built in the Italianate style reflects the Gale's prominence. Orlando and his father and brothers owned a succession of hardware and farm implement businesses in Moscow, Jonesville, and Albion. In 1864 Orlando and two of his brothers, Horatio and Augustus, started a farm implement factory in Albion that became the Gale Manufacturing Company in 1874. Production shifted to automotive parts in the 1930s. The factory closed in 1968.