First Congregational Church
Vermont Congregationalists organized a church in Sylvan Township in 1849. In 1852 the built the first church in the village, here on land donated by Chelsea founder Elisha Congdon. When that building burned in 1894, John Foster of Chelsea built the present church, designed by Grand Rapids architect Sidney J. Osgood. Dedicated the following year, the church reflects Romanesque and Italian design.